Flood Risk Consultant
A full time flood risk consultant role that would suit a candidate seeking to spring board their career forward in line with their own respective aspirations. A position that allows you to make it your own, to challenge yourself, and deliver exceptional work whilst bringing on a wider team. The forward opportunities offered by this role will only be limited by your ability and enthusiasm, rather than by a strict company structure.
Main Role Description:
Ashfield is seeking to further strengthen our ever growing flood risk consultant team. Having been established for over 15 years and following substantial growth in long-term client and project workload, Ashfield is the perfect platform for someone who is seeking to springboard their career forward or take on a more challenging role that they can truly make their own. We are seeking someone that is keen to progress in a fast growing and highly respected company in a full time role, as part of an established team of extraordinary talented people.
We are seeking someone who has already had initial experience in working within the flood risk industry, whether it being through a graduate or junior consultant role or having already worked in one or more particular areas within the flood risk sector.
As a minimum, any prospective candidates will be expected to have been previously involved in independently undertaking any of the following:
- Writing flood risk assessments
- Conducting flood mitigation or flood modelling surveys
- The collation and interpretation of flood risk data on a GIS platform
- Presenting flood risk information to clients
The ideal candidate will become a member of a close-knit team, have and abundance of ambition, and able to demonstrate the following capabilities and qualities:
- Hold a BSc or similar in a scientific or numerate discipline or have equivalent industry experience
- Be inquisitive and technically minded, enabling you to complete your workload to the highest standard
- Have a high standard of written English that enables you to write in a technical but concise manner
- Have an analytical mind, which enables you to seek the answers that others may not find
- Not being afraid to help other team members whether it be as a mentor and/or in situations where specific work deadlines need to be completed on time
Happy to speak with existing and prospective new clients to fully understand and deliver their requirements
The role you are applying for will be highly varied in content and will be strongly focused upon delivering client driven solutions. Your duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Deal directly with clients and independently undertake flood risk surveys which could be for the purposes of flood assessment for planning, or property flood mitigation advice
- Undertake Climate Change flood risk analysis at a site-specific level
- Write post survey or desktop level flood risk assessments for planning applications, flood mitigation and drainage strategies and flood management plans
- Help develop Ashfield’s in-house flood risk databases
- Work on sites that are located across the entire UK
- Mentor and develop other team members who are in graduate consultant roles
- Partake in regular team meetings and innovation sessions where new ideas and initiatives are discussed and proactively implemented
Work towards a fully funded professional chartership.
We undertake works for a broad range of clients which include:
- Homebuyers and property investors
- Property developers
- Banks, insurers and institutional investors
- Government owned or operated real-estate
More about the role:
Ashfield provides a flexible working arrangement where working from home can be undertaken in order to optimise our staff’s work-life balance. This role will suit a person who relishes in continually challenging and bettering themselves.
The workload will be demanding but highly rewarding, suiting a person who feels pride in completing technically complex projects. We will also entrust you in providing close mentorship to other team members, bringing them on in-line with your own work ethos and experience.
Ashfield’s head office is located north of Cardiff, and you’ll occasionally undertake site surveys and site inspections as part of ongoing projects. Holding a full, clean UK driving license will therefore be essential although any transportation will be provided.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the ideal candidate, enrolment on the company pension scheme, as well as the option to enrol onto our corporate private healthcare package. Ashfield holds company wide events during the year where the entire team can kick back and reflect upon recent achievements.
More about Ashfield:
- Our office environment is known for its fantastic open space where ideas flow, providing a healthy and exiting place to work alongside your team.
- Ashfield’s agile company structure enables exceptional staff to progress very quickly and to make the role their own. Alongside flood risk consulting, the wider group various in-house teams are involved in geospatial mapping, flood risk and mitigation as well as climate change analysis for some of the largest land developers, lenders and investment institutions in the UK.
- Ashfield works for some of the UK’s leading construction companies, institutional investors and lenders, playing a key role in unlocking challenging brownfield sites. We pride ourselves on our proactive approach to our client’s challenges and bringing together the various disciples of contaminated land assessment, waste management, earthworks, geotechnics, flood risk and sustainability to provide high value solutions.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to know more about what the job entails, please contact us on email@example.com