Graduate Flood Risk Consultant
A full time opportunity to work within an extremely experienced team that will help you develop your skills as a graduate flood risk consultant. A role that allows you to make it your own, to challenge yourself, and deliver upon your own high expectations. The forward opportunities offered by this role will only be limited by your ability and enthusiasm, rather than by a strict company structure.
Main Role Description:
Ashfield are further expanding its flood risk analysis team and are seeking an individual who would be interested in a full-time graduate role. Having been established for over 15 years and following substantial growth in long-term client and project workload, Ashfield is the perfect platform for someone who is seeking a career within the flood risk industry. We are looking for someone that is keen to progress in a fast growing and highly respected company as part of an already established team of extraordinary talented people.
We are seeking newly or recently graduated persons, who have completed a science based degree that has included any of the following disciplines:
- Physical Geography
- Earth or Environmental Science
- Climate Change and Natural Hazards
- Computer Science that includes modules on Geographical Information Systems
The candidate must be willing to work from our main office location, approximately 25 minutes north of Cardiff City Centre, and have a full clean UK driving license. All training for successfully developing your skills as a graduate flood risk consultant shall be provided by Ashfield.
The ideal candidate will become a member of a close-knit team, have and abundance of ambition, and able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Inquisitive and technically minded, enabling you to complete your workload to the highest standard
- Have a high standard of written English that enables you to write in a technical but concise manner
- Have an analytical mind, which enables you to seek the answers that others may not find
- A good team player who can demonstrate being able to complete works to specific deadlines.
The role you are applying for will include, but not be limited to the following duties:
- Research flood risk documents and extract relevant information which shall be inserted into flood risk assessments
- Request flood information from regulatory authorities and other stakeholders
- Help undertake flood risk surveys for the purposes of flood assessment for planning, or property flood mitigation for sites across the UK
- Aid in writing post survey or desktop level flood risk assessments for planning applications, flood mitigation and drainage strategies and flood management plans
- Help develop Ashfield’s in-house flood risk databases
- Partake in regular team meetings and innovation sessions where new ideas and initiatives are discussed and proactively implemented
- Work towards a fully funded professional chartership
We undertake works for a broad range of clients which include:
- Homebuyers and property investors
- Property developers
- Banks, insurers and institutional investors
- Government owned or operated real-estate
More about the role:
This role will suit a person who relishes in continually challenging and bettering themselves. The workload will be demanding but highly rewarding, suiting a person who feels pride in completing technically complex projects. A competitive salary package will be offered to the ideal candidate, enrolment on the company pension scheme, as well as the option to enrol onto our corporate private healthcare package.
More about Ashfield:
- Our office environment is known for its fantastic open space where ideas flow, providing a healthy and exiting place to work alongside your team.
- Ashfield’s agile company structure enables exceptional staff to progress very quickly and to make the role their own. Alongside flood risk consulting, the wider group various in-house teams are involved in geospatial mapping, flood risk and mitigation as well as climate change analysis for some of the largest land developers, lenders and investment institutions in the UK.
- Ashfield works for some of the UK’s leading construction companies, institutional investors and lenders, playing a key role in unlocking challenging brownfield sites. We pride ourselves on our proactive approach to our client’s challenges and bringing together the various disciples of contaminated land assessment, waste management, earthworks, geotechnics, flood risk and sustainability to provide high value solutions.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to know more about what the job entails, please contact us on email@example.com