A full-time earthworks modelling role that would suit a candidate seeking to springboard their career forward in line with their own respective aspirations. A position that allows you to make it your own, to challenge yourself, and deliver exceptional work whilst bringing on a wider team. The forward opportunities offered by this role will only be limited by your ability and enthusiasm, rather than by a strict company structure.
Main Role Description:
Ashfield is seeking to further strengthen our ever-growing environmental solutions team. Having been established for over 15 years and following substantial growth in long-term client and project workload, Ashfield is the perfect platform for someone who is seeking to springboard their career forward or take on a more challenging role that they can truly make their own. We are seeking someone that is keen to progress in a fast growing and highly respected company in a full-time role, as part of an established team of talented people.
- 3D modelling of existing and proposed sites to generate cut/fill analysis.
- Interpolating ground investigation data to estimate subsurface materials and volumes.
- Assessing the distribution of contamination within soils
- Developing conceptual site models
- Flood compensation modelling
- Producing detailed drawings and cross-sections
We are seeking someone who has already had initial experience in working within the flood risk industry, whether it being through a graduate or junior consultant role or having already worked in one or more particular areas within the flood risk sector.
As a minimum, any prospective candidates will be expected to have been previously involved in independently undertaking any of the following:
- Producing earthworks models and cross-sections.
- Collating and interpretating ground investigation data on a GIS platform.
- Undertaking geospatial analysis.
- Interpretating and scrutinising topographical surveys.
The ideal candidate will become a member of a close-knit team, have an abundance of ambition, and able to demonstrate the following capabilities and qualities:
- Hold a HNC or higher in an engineering or scientific discipline or have equivalent industry experience.
- Have experience of working with the earthworks modelling software LSS or similar software.
- Experience of working with GIS and AutoCAD packages.
- Have an understanding of civil engineering, construction and earthworks.
- Be inquisitive and technically minded, enabling you to complete your workload to the highest standard and seek the answers that others may not find. Thinking outside of the box is essential.
- Not being afraid to help other team members whether it be as a mentor and/or in situations where specific work deadlines need to be completed on time
- Be comfortable and confident to speak with existing and prospective new clients to fully understand and deliver their requirements.
The role you are applying for is part of a wider multidisciplinary team of contaminated land, waste, materials and flood consultants to provide unique and bespoke solutions that maximises sustainable earthworks and remediation solutions.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Deal directly with clients and independently undertake earthworks modelling which could be for the purposes of cut/fill, contamination analysis or flood compensation assessment.
- Produce drawings for planning applications and construction purposes.
- Work on sites that are located across the entire UK.
- Mentor and develop other team members.
- Partake in regular team meetings and innovation sessions where new ideas and initiatives are discussed and proactively implemented.
- Work towards a fully funded professional chartership.
We undertake works for a broad range of clients which include:
- Homebuyers and property investors
- Property developers
- Banks, insurers and institutional investors
- Government owned or operated real-estate
More about the role:
Ashfield provides a flexible working arrangement where working from home can be undertaken in order to optimise our staff’s work-life balance. This role will suit a person who relishes in continually challenging and bettering themselves.
The workload will be demanding but highly rewarding, suiting a person who feels pride in completing technically complex projects. We will also entrust you in providing close mentorship to other team members, bringing them on in-line with your own work ethos and experience.
Ashfield’s head office is located north of Cardiff, and whilst the role is office based there may occasionally be the need to visit sites. Holding a full, clean UK driving licence will therefore be advantageous.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the ideal candidate, enrolment on the company pension scheme, as well as the option to enrol onto our corporate private healthcare package. Ashfield holds company wide events during the year where the entire team can kick back and reflect upon recent achievements.
More about Ashfield:
Our office environment is known for its fantastic open space where ideas flow, providing a healthy and exiting place to work alongside your team.
Ashfield’s agile company structure enables exceptional staff to progress very quickly and to make the role their own. Alongside environmental consulting, the wider group’s various in-house teams are involved in geospatial mapping, flood risk and mitigation as well as climate change analysis for some of the largest land developers, lenders and investment institutions in the UK.
Ashfield works for some of the UK’s leading construction companies, institutional investors and lenders, playing a key role in unlocking challenging brownfield sites. We pride ourselves on our proactive approach to our client’s challenges and bringing together the various disciplines of contaminated land assessment, waste management, remediation, flood risk and sustainable earthworks to provide high value and bespoke solutions.
How to apply
To apply for this role or to know more about what the job entails, please contact us on email@example.com